WHAT IS THE PACKAGING EXPERT?
The Packaging Expert is a software program that can help one who sells Custom Box Making and Crating. It assists you
in the following manner:
1. Enter specifics on the item (dimensions, weight, fragility level, and value).
2. Select a packaging method and container. It comes loaded with some standards to which you can change or add.
3. The Packaging Expert gives you
- Packaging weight
- Total weight of item(s) plus final weight after packaging
- Length plus girth
- Dimensional weight
- Packaging price (comes loaded for examples, but you can change this)
- A quote form that you can save for yourself or give to your customers
- Shipping container building diagrams (custom box diagrams or crate building lumber cut list)
WHY IS THE PACKAGING EXPERT HELPFUL?
The quicker that you can supply a quote to a customer, the more likely you are to obtain the work! Also, an employee who
can not build custom boxes or crates can quote for you in your absence. It provides diagrams for the custom boxes and what you need with crating lumber cuts. In addition, a quote form is helpful for operational use.
WHY WE GIVE A 90-DAY FREE TRIAL?
We developed The Packaging Expert to make our business lives easier. We think that if you use it for 90 days, you will
become addicted to using it, too. One sale that may have been lost may pay for the software!
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE
To install The Packaging Expert, download it from this web page (see Download Now), or if you have it on CD, put it in your CD drive. If you want a CD, contact us at 866.365.8988. The software is 17.2 MB, and the Help Manual is 555 KB.
Operating System below Vista or Windows 7
1. When you run the program, follow the simple instructions. It will ask you if you want to Register Now or Register Later.
2. Click Register Later if you want to try it free for 90 days. See How to Buy/Install if you want to install it permanently on your computer.
Operating System of Vista or Windows 7
1.If required, uninstall “The Packaging Expert” PE from the computer.
2. Install the PE using a Destination Folder of “C:\PackExpert” (automatically created)
3. Right click the Packaging Expert icon that is placed on the desktop and select “Properties.”
4. Select the “Compatibility” tab.
5. Check “Run this program in compatibility mode for: “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)” and check “Run this program as an administrator”.
6. Select OK. You can now run “The Packaging Expert”. Each time it starts you will have to acknowledge “User Account Control” security message each time you start the program. To run in demo mode, select "Register Later." To install permanently, see How to Buy/Install below.
Read the two topics above before doing this to assist you. Note that the software is 17.2 MB and the manual is 555 KB.
1. First, CLICK HERE to Print the Help Manual in Adobe Acrobat Format.
2. To download the software, CLICK HERE.
3. Return to How to Download the Software.
LEARN HOW TO CHANGE THE PACKING EXPERT TO SUIT YOUR BUSINESS?
1. This program comes with some examples on pricing so that you can experience working with this packing and shipping software. You need to change this for your business. Click on Help in The Packaging Expert to use the tutorial to learn how to change pricing, to change the labor rate, to add your standard boxes, to add or edit materials and products, etc. You can print the Help Manual, too.
2. If you change pricing and products, please read Configuration in the Help Menu first. Yes, you will be able to save your changes if you decide to purchase the software.
HOW DO I ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM?
Contact us. If you send an email, make the subject title of your email Pack Expert.
HOW TO BUY THE PACKAGING EXPERT/INSTALL PERMANENTLY ON YOUR COMPUTER.
1. To purchase the The Packaging Expert, run the program on the computer for which you want to install it. If you are on a network, provide the registration code from your main server. Select Register Now!, and then Create Registration Code.
2. An order form will be generated with a registration code that is specific to the computer (hard drive) that generated the
code. We need that registration code to unlock The Packaging Expert for your computer from which you submitted the
3. Submit your registration code to us. Following are methods in which you can do this.
- You can purchase online (see "Add to Cart" below). This is the preferred method. You can either send your
registration code later via email, or you can submit it by copying and pasting it in the “Notes” section of the
secured order form when you purchase this.
- E-mail the registration code to us. Please make the email subject title Pack Expert. You
can either copy and paste this form into an email, or you can save it to a text file and attach it to your email. We suggest that
you call us with your payment information, if you use this method.
- Fax the registration form that contains the code to 214-321-0871 (the slowest method).
How Do I Unlock The Packaging Expert Once I Have Purchased It?
After you have sent us the Registration Code and have purchased The Packaging Expert as stated above, we will email
(or fax, if you prefer) these instructions:
1. Run the application and select Register Now!, Enter Unlock Code.
2. All you have to do is copy and paste the unlock code that we have sent to you in the applicable section.
3. If you prefer to type this, note that all “0” are the numeral “0” and not the letter “O,” and that there should only be one
space in between each sequence of code (do not use the “enter” key). This will permanently unlock the application on your computer.
4. If you are going to use this application on multiple computers on a network, install the application on your computer
that is established as your server. See How to Buy above. Then use the Help option for instructions for setting up the other computers.
I BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE BUT THE UNLOCK CODE DOESN'T WORK ON ANOTHER COMPUTER
That is because each unlock code is specific to each computer (hard drive).
Call or email us with your situation, and we will make a determination of whether or not we will charge for another unlock.
We do understand that some may want this on their home computers, that customers replace computers, and some
experience hard drive crashes